The Miramar Chess Club (MCC) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when, how, and why we collect personal data about people.
How we collect your information
The only information we obtain about our members is provided by them directly. We do not collect personal data simply as a result of a person visiting our website.
How your information is used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Obtain payment for donations, if/when desired to fund the operation of the Club or to submit membership payments to the United States Chess Federation (USCF).
- Identify members on the USCF Website.
- Submit details to the USCF to enroll Miramar Chess Club members as USCF members.
- Register members to play for Miramar Chess Club in competitions which Miramar Chess Club enters.
- Submit results of matches played to the USCF for grading purposes or to other organizations running competitions in which Miramar Chess Club participates.
- Communicating with members for the purposes of running the chess club, including selecting and organizing teams and other chess events.
- Consistently with this, the contact details provided to us by members may be used to contact them by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail for the purposes of the Chess Club.
- We will hold personal data for as long as a person is a member and for a reasonable time afterwards (or until such time as you opt out).
- This data is held pursuant to the legitimate interests of Miramar Chess Club which is the basis on which your data as set out is processed.
Who can access information
Unless required by law, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share personal data with other third parties.
Members can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them. If a member provides information about another person, it is their responsibility to ensure that the other person has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Links to other websites
Inline with links to other websites, we offer links to products or services. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. This keeps it 100% reader supported and free of ads or sponsorships.
Review of this policy